History of the Victoria
The Victoria Infirmary as it used to be known has been at the forefront of healthcare for over 100 years, and will continue to heal and care for Glaswegians for many years to come.
It was a teaching hospital situated at Langside/Battlefield in the south-east of Glasgow from 1880 until 2015.
The Victoria Infirmary was opened at a cost of £16,880 on February 14, 1890 by the Duke of Argyll.
In its day, the hospital had a reputation for constant innovation, introducing new developments to the building that were often the first of their kind in Scotland.
These web pages will provide an historical record, describing for future Glaswegians, the many proud accomplishments of the hospital.